Identify the three individuals. What is the connection here?
2. This magazine was founded by Henry Booth Luce in February 1930, ironically four months after the Wall Street Crash of 1929 that marked the onset of the Great Depression. Single copies of that first issue cost $1 at a time when the Sunday New York Times was only 5¢. At a time when business publications were little more than numbers and statistics printed in black and white, this magazine was an oversized 11"×14", using creamy heavy paper, and art on a cover printed by a special process, and became popular because of a team of writers including James Agee, Archibald MacLeish, John Kenneth Galbraith, and Alfred Kazin.
3. In psychoanalytic theory, it is defined as “a group of largely unconscious (dynamically repressed) ideas and feelings which centre around the desire to possess the parent of the opposite sex and eliminate the parent of the same sex”. How do we better know it as? (Hint: It is suggested that Adolf Hitler suffered from this complex)
4. This company was founded by a husband and wife duo ( see picture ) in 1972 and is now controlled by BBC Worldwide, which owns a 75% share, while founders own the remaining 25%. The company name comes from a misheard line in "Space Captain," a song by Joe Cocker and Leon Russell. The actual words are "X" but the founders in the picture below heard "Y" and named the company “Y”. Which company?
5. This brand was introduced by the Shulton company. The first product under this brand was a fragrance called “Early American __ __” for women (the two blanks represent the name of the company), introduced in 1937, while the fragrance for men followed in 1938. It was acquired by Procter & Gamble in 1990. Which brand? (Hint : Yo-ho! Yo-Ho!
Brushless or lather boys,
Whichever you've a notion
Fifty cents for the cream,
A dollar for the lotion.
"__ __ means quality,"
Said the Captain to the Bosun.
Asks for the package with
Please click HERE to submit your answers